GVA Supports the Travis Manion Foundation at the 13th Annual USMC Memorial Event
GVA believes in giving back to our local community and supporting those in need. The charities we have chosen to support hold special meaning to us. While GVA supports many great causes, we focus on organizations that support veterans, children, and mental health awareness.
One charity we’ve had the pleasure of supporting is the Travis Manion Foundation (TMF.) Inspired by a legacy of service, TMF strives to unite and strengthen communities by training, developing, and highlighting the role models that lead them. TMF was founded in honor of 1stLt Travis Manion, USMC, who made the ultimate sacrifice for the safety of his patrol in 2007.
GVA particularly supports TMF because we feel a sense of duty to give back to those who have served and fought for the greater good. Military families make a huge sacrifice and we choose to support them in any way we can.
Not only is Travis’ story and the foundation dedicated to him an inspiration to us all, but the core values they promote align particularly well with the change we wish to see in the world. Those values include:
- Build, Measure, Learn, Repeat – which embraces the entrepreneurial spirit and encourages a bias for action
- Be Accountable – Do the right thing at all times
- Purpose begins with Passion – We enjoy building relationships with one another and take pride in having an impact on our communities.
- Out of Many, One – Differences make us stronger and a more unified community
- Fueled by Gratitude – Anything of great value requires great sacrifice to achieve.
- Failure is a Bruise, Not a Tattoo – We are resilient. We are hopeful. We stay in the fight.
This week we had the pleasure of supporting them with a sponsorship at the 13th annual USMC Memorial Event where GVA’s James Spinelli participated in a golf tournament.
See below for a recap of our amazing day with beautiful weather. Learn more and get involved at https://www.travismanion.org/